At Retailers Supply, we pride ourselves on being a leader in the Jan/San Industry are always continuing to work to...
The Benefits Of Cleaning With Microfiber
Help Preserve the Environment with Microfiber
Microfiber technology may be the most significant product innovation to the cleaning industry in the last century. It’s a quick and easy switch toward helping preserve environmental resources. In using microfiber material, you’ll find that the key benefits extend beyond your workers’ wellness. It helps protect the environment by reducing both your contribution to the waste stream and the use of water and harmful chemicals. In some cases, microfiber can totally eliminate water and chemical usage altogether.
What is Microfiber?
Microfibers are densely constructed polyester and polyamide (nylon) fibers that are approximately 1/16th the thickness of a human hair. When woven together, these fibers create a net-like surface area covered with millions of spaces to trap moisture, dirt and debris. The micro fibers are able to get into tiny nooks and crevices whereas the traditional cotton cloth and mop fibers are not. The nylon component of the fiber also produces a static charge that attracts dirt, pulling it in and trapping it until the cloth or pad is washed.
Mopping is one of the more popular uses of microfiber material. Using conventional cotton loop mops for wet mopping has long been the standard in floor cleaning for janitorial operations.
Key benefits of using microfiber for the mopping task:
- Enhances cleaning power : Microfiber cleans more effectively, reaching into surface pores and crevices, where cotton mop materials are too large for deep cleaning.
- Contributes to reducing water and chemical usage microfiber mops use about 10-20 times less liquid than standard cotton mops, helping reduce procurement costs. Very few microfiber applications require the use of chemicals.
- Helps increase productivity: The effort of dipping and wringing a conventional mop is eliminated. As long as the used microfiber mop head is not put back in the cleaning solution, the user does not have to change the solution between tasks.
- Assists in reducing cross-contamination: Healthcare facilities have been quick to embrace microfiber cleaning. In an effort to reduce cross contamination risk between patient rooms, some state laws require that maintenance personnel change out the mop and/or cleaning solution after every room. Using microfiber flat mops helps the facility comply with these requirements.
- Can reduce the risk of worker injury: Microfiber mops weigh significantly less than conventional wet cotton loop mops, making them more ergonomic and easier to use.
Stay in the know with updates from Retailers Supply
New products, training tips, eco-friendly trends, budget slashing ideas and more
- Same/Next Day Delivery
- Outstanding Support & Customer Service
- Family Owned Since 1948
Sign Up Today!
From Our Blog
Fuel Price Increase
3/7/22 Retailers Supply is proud of our track record as a leader in the Jan/San Industry and we continue our...
Freight Fuel Surcharge Increase
Retailers Supply continues to focus on effective “Solutions That Work” to help protect the health and well-being of our customers,...
What is Electrostatic Discharge ESD?
What is ESD and how does it occur? When we apply a positive electrostatic charge to a chemical solution, the...
Clarion 25 Floor Finish with Microban Technology
Buckeye’s floor finishes are formulated to produce the highest gloss, last longer, and resist dirt being embedded. Clarion 25 has...
Make Disinfecting Fast and Easy
The World’s First Cordless Electrostatic Sprayer! Effective disinfection of surfaces is fundamental to controlling the spread of bacteria and viruses....
Freight Fuel Surcharge
Retailers Supply understands the need to keep costs down while operating efficiently. In light of increasing and varying costs and...
Seasonal Flu: How to prevent it
In my last blog we discussed “Hand Hygiene for Kids”. The importance of good hand washing practices for kids as...
Microfiber: What is it? What are the benefits?
Synthetic microfibers are made from polyester and nylon (polyamide). When splitting the microfibers, they have greater absorption and dust attraction....
Indoor Air Quality: “How can I make a difference?”
In the last several years, a growing body of scientific evidence has indicated that the air within buildings can be...
Our Customers Say
Director, Community Montessori School
Community Montessori is very pleased with the breadth of products, attention to detail and caring people who always exceed our expectations. The icing on the cake is our estimated annual savings of over 25%!
Executive Director of Facilities, Ivy Tech Community College-Sellersburg
We enjoy the excellent customer service, quality products, and competitive pricing that Retailers Supply provides. Our experience has been tremendously positive.